11 Ways to Step Up Your Mardi Gras Game
Wednesday February 1st, 2017
Although it started in ancient Rome, Mardi Gras is a holiday most celebrated in New Orleans involving a huge parade and a week of partying! The term “Mardi Gras” is French for “Fat Tuesday”, which reflects the ritual of eating lots of food the night before Lent begins. Today, Mardi Gras is a great party for people of all ages. The event features lots of bright green, yellow, and purple colours, tons of delicious food and mysterious masks, and is now celebrated all over the world.
Here at Big Top Tent Rentals, we know a thing or two about throwing a party and we want to help you do just that for Mardi Gras this year. From table linens to cotton candy machines, we’ve got you covered!
- Beaded necklaces are a must for any Mardi Gras celebration. Take advantage of their bright colours and use them for your table setting. Rent some glasses and fill them with green, purple and yellow necklaces for your guests.
- Let's taco 'bout Mardi Gras! Mardi Gras and Taco Tuesday take place on the same day, and we think this is something you should take advantage of! Impress your guests and make these tacos to match your theme.
- A party isn’t a party without balloons: make sure you have lots of them, and extra helium to make sure they stay full and floaty!
- Set up a DIY mask-making station for your guests to get creative with! This activity is great for both kids and adults and is an inexpensive way to get everyone involved in a fun project.
- Cut down on the hassle and the mess of cleaning up after your party by renting some table linens! We offer both cloth and disposable linens to make sure you can dodge the cleanup of sticky table mess (and glitter, from those masks)!
- For the adults, make these delicious King's Cake shots. Ain’t no party like a Kings Cake party!
- If you plan on hosting a lot of guests, we offer all sorts of catering supplies to help you out. We can supply you with beverage tubs, drink dispensers, serving bowls and more.
- There is nothing worse than running out of chairs at a party! Make sure you have enough seating for your guests and consider getting rental chairs if you think you might not.
- If you plan on doing some classic Mardi Gras baking (like these beignets, or this bread pudding), consider renting some food warmers and baking in advance to save you from day-of stress.
- A solid playlist is a key part of any party! Put together a playlist that will get your guests rockin’, and don’t forget to add some classic sing-along tunes like Louis Armstrong's "When the Saints Go Marching In"
- Finally, get creative with your party favours! Rent a cotton candy machine and make green, yellow, and purple cotton candy to package up for your guests!
Ready to start planning your party? Give us a call today and we will provide you with everything you need to make your Mardi Gras an unforgettable one!